[Bioperl-l] modules for siRNA design

Donald Jackson donald.jackson at bms.com
Wed May 28 09:16:31 EDT 2003

[These modules went in about a week ago but I goofed and sent the
announcement to the wrong list (mea culpa)].

I have committed some modules I wrote for designing
small interfering RNA (siRNA) reagents.

Bio::Tools::SiRNA - designs the reagents
Bio::SeqFeature::SiRNA::Pair - container for an siRNA duplex
Bio::SeqFeature::SiRNA::Oligo - container for a single siRNA oligo

Also:
t/sirna.t - for 'make test'

I also committed Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust, a wrapper for the mdust
low-complexity sequence filter, to bioperl-run along with a test script.

Note: Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust uses the environment variable 'MDUSTDIR' to
locate the mdust executable.

Please let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

Thanks,

Don Jackson

Bioinformatics group,
Bristol-Myers Squibb