[Bioperl-l] avantgo-friendly web page with list archives

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov
Tue May 27 17:29:09 EDT 2003

Perhaps others, like me, prefer to read the BioPerl list offline on their Palm or WinCE device while waiting at the doctor's office, etc.

I've setup a simple web page so that one can access the current month's archives (to date), along with the all of the previous month's archives.  To set this up with Avantgo, I suggest that you use the following channel settings:

------------------------
Maximum Channel Size: 700k
Link Depth: 3
Include Images: No
Follow Off-site Links: Yes

Refresh this channel on every sync
------------------------

In general, users of mobile devices can setup Avantgo at:
  https://my.avantgo.com/home/

You're welcome to use my web page in your AvantGo settings:
  http://zfish.nichd.nih.gov/bioperl/last_two_months.cgi

... or you can use my simple CGI script (or any variant thereof) on your own web page for your own personal use.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

Jonathan

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI qw/:standard/;
use strict;
my @months;
my $year;
my $mon;
@months = ("January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December");

print header, start_html('bioperl-archives');
(undef,undef,undef,undef,$mon,$year,undef,undef,undef) = localtime(time);

my $i;
for ($i = 0 ; $i < 2; $i++) {
  my $url = "http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/" . ($year + 1900) . "-" . $months[$mon] . "/thread.html";
  print p,a({-href => $url}, "$url") . "\n";
  if ($mon == 0) {
    $mon = 11;
    $year--;
  } else {