[Bioperl-l] Repeat element check

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Thu May 22 11:31:52 EDT 2003

Govind,

The "III.4.1 Running BLAST (using RemoteBlast.pm)" section in bptutorial.pl
talks about this in a general way, but doesn't address your questions
specifically. I've never done this but I'd guess you'd set the human repeat
masker like this:

$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::HEADER{'FILTER'} = 'R';

See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/Doc/urlapi.html.

However I don't see how you set low complexity filter = off and human repeat
masking = on at the same time using Bioperl since they're both FILTER
parameters. I'd be interested in seeing your solution, should you find one.

Brian O.