[Bioperl-l] bioperl-run release 0-0-2 tag

Shawn Hoon shawnh at fugu-sg.org
Fri May 16 18:58:29 EDT 2003

Hi folks,
	Its about time we have a Developer release for  bioperl-run with
bioperl-live.
The intention is to tag the current snap shot of bioperl-run and
bioperl-live with the tag
bioperl-run-release-0-0-2 (Not too verbose I hope. I'm following the
tag from the Changes doc, even though we have a
bioperl-1-1-0 tag already). A bunch of wrappers have been added since
the bioperl core 1.2.1 release.  List of changes

0.02 Developer release

      o Analysis Factory framework- currently providing SOAP access to
EMBOSS
        applications

      o Support for FootPrinter, Genewise, Hmmpfam, Primate, Prints,
        Profile, Promoterwise, Pseudowise, Seg, Signalp, Tmhmm,TribeMCL,
        Blat,DBA,Lagan,Sim4,Fasta,ProtML

      o Added support for PHYLIP apps: Consense, DrawGram, DrawTree,
SeqBoot

      o Added INSTALL.PROGRAMS providing references to download the
program binaries.

      o Bug Fixes that hopefully solve the 'too many open files' problem

Current number of applications supported is 28. For a list pls see
bioperl-run/INSTALL.PROGRAMS

All tests pass for me  on Mac OS X and Alpha  except for test 14 of
Analysis_soap.t

my $job;
print sprintf ($format, 'calling "create_job" ');
eval { $job = $seqret->create_job (\%inputs) };

which may be just a server connection problem.

All pods passed thanks to pod.pl from Heikki.

Pls help test.  Cross platform support  will naturally depend on
whether the programs are compiled
for the particular platform. Pls let me know whether there are any
outstanding
bugs or commits. I hope to put the tag out over the weekend
or early next week.

A tarball is available for your convenience:

http://www.fugu-sg.org/~shawnh/bioperl-run.tar.gz

cheers,

shawn