[Bioperl-l] Factory::GenericObjectFactory

Steve Chervitz sac at bioperl.org
Thu May 15 16:11:57 EDT 2003

Hilmar: Fine with me. I must have been too lost in SearchIO world to
notice when you added ObjectFactory. I like the interface() method and
I added it to the ObjectFactory calls you put in some of the SearchIO
modules. I also changed SearchResultEventBuilder and SearchIO::fasta.pm
to use ObjectFactory instead of the various Search::*::*Factory objects.

Jason & other interested parties: What do you think about this
approach? This way, we don't need the Search::*::*Factory modules. If
you think this is kosher, we can make the same changes in the other
SearchIO modules (FastHitEventBuilder, axt, waba).

Steve