[Bioperl-l] bioperl on MacOS X... a beginner's problems...

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu May 15 15:51:03 EDT 2003

The following one-liners just worked for me on Mac OS X 10.2.6 although
the freakin' CPAN module decided to download and install 5.8.0 for me.

If you are already at perl 5.8.0 and want to install bioperl outside of
fink the following one liners will do it:

   sudo perl -MCPAN -e'install Bundle::BioPerl'

followed by a cheat to get bioperl; this works because in order to
install Bio::Seq.pm CPAN will grab all of bioperl and install it:

   sudo perl -MCPAN -e'install Bio::Seq'

-Chris