[Bioperl-l] Locuslink?? Help

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed May 14 19:56:15 EDT 2003

my $seqio = Bio::SeqIO->new(-format => "locuslink");
while(my $ll = $seqio->next_seq()) {
	# whatever
}

There won't be any sequence features though. LL essentially is lots of
tag/value pairs, and that is how it ends up (i.e.,
$ll->annotation->get_Annotations()).

The locus-contains-splice variants thing in LL isn't properly reflected
in the resulting SeqI object, which is a problem of the Bioperl object
model in the first place (there is no good object right now that would
properly reflect an LL object wrt the datatype). What you'd want is a
gene model. Maybe it's worth thinking whether the feature-driven
SeqFeature::Gene::* objects fit the bill here. I'm not convinced yet
though.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org