[Bioperl-l] Can Bio::Graphics render a muti_segments picture?

tongw tongw at genomics.org.cn
Thu May 15 10:07:25 EDT 2003

Yes, I still met some problems of rendering gc content by bioperl 1.2, I
got the plot but with just a straight line in the middle (50%) from lelf
to righ. And I can`t find more manual for the dna glyph. The following
is the code:

use strict;
use Bio::Graphics;
use Bio::SeqIO;
my $io = Bio::SeqIO->new(-format=>"$format" , -file=>$file) or
die("can`t open the $file.\n");
my $seq = $io->next_seq                or die USAGE;
my $wholeseq =
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(-start=>1,-end=>$seq->length,-seq_id=>$seq
->display_name);
$wholeseq->attach_seq($seq);

my $panel = Bio::Graphics::Panel->new(
                                     -length    => $seq->length,
                                     -key_style => 'between',
                                     -width     => 700,
			-pad_top   => 30,
			-pad_bottom => 30,
                                     -pad_left  => 50,
                                     -pad_right => 50,
                                      );
$panel->add_track($wholeseq,
                  -glyph  => 'dna',
                  -fgcolor => 'black',
                  -height => 100,
                  -bgcolor => 'red',
                  -do_gc	=> 'true',
                  -gc_bins => 100,
                  -axis_color=> 'blue',
                  -strand => 'forward',);
    I want to know the correct usage of dna glyph in bioperl 1.2.
Kind Regards.

Wei Tong