[Bioperl-l] Reliable working version of Biosql

Zayed Albertyn zayed at sanbi.ac.za
Mon May 12 13:20:55 EDT 2003

HI there

I am trying to get the Biosql schema running on my local mysql database
but I have run into an incredible amount of problems. I did recieve some
help previously regarding what versions of bioperl-live, bioperl-db and
biosql to use but it didnt help that my mysql installation didnt talk
'innodb'.

So, I have heard that a relatively stable version of biosql will be/or has
been released on linux that will work with bioperl and its accessory
modules. Could you please direct me which versions of these to download (with which
flags in CVS) so that I can have some success in loading all my sequences
in a database and working with them without recieving a multitude of perl
error messages?

Many thanks in advance.

Zayed