[Bioperl-l] SeqIO/genbank makes false assumption?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue May 6 21:31:35 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been "out of the loop" for a while w.r.t. BioPerl, so I am nervous
about fixing this myself before I get confirmation that it is really a
bug.  I think this line of code from genbank.pm is making a false
assumption:

Bio::SeqIO::genbank::write_seq(../bioperl-live/Bio/SeqIO/genbank.pm:598):
598:		foreach my $ref ( $seq->annotation->get_Annotations('reference') )

According to the SeqIO docs, $seq->annotation is allowed to return
undef... so I think it should be checking for a return value before it
calls get_Annotations.

is this correct?

Cheers all!

Mark