[Bioperl-l] Error running BPbl2seq

BHurwitz at twt.com BHurwitz at twt.com
Mon May 5 15:06:33 EDT 2003

Hi Mikhail,

Did you ever figure this out?  I just got the same message.  I am running
RedHat Linux 7.0, so I don't think it is caused by Debian.  I seem to get
this error on a sequence where no hits are returned from bl2seq.  The wierd
part is that it seemed to work fine on a sequence just before it that also
did not have any hsps.   Probably related to the other errors that folks
have reported with "no hits" in BPbl2seq.pm?

-Bonnie

|         |           "Mikhail Esteves" |
|         |           <mikhail at ibioinfor|
|         |           matics.org>       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           bioperl-l-bounces@|
|         |           bioperl.org       |
|         |           04/10/2003 12:52  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           mikhail           |
  |                                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      <bioperl-l at bioperl.org>                                                                                       |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: [Bioperl-l] Error running BPbl2seq                                                                            |

Hello,

Just installed BioPerl and when trying a sample BPbl2seq query, I got the
following message:

Can't call method "nextHSP" on unblessed reference at
/usr/share/perl5/Bio/Tools/BPbl2seq.pm line 236

I am using Debian and have installed Bioperl through apt. Is there a
problem with the Debian release? Is there anything I can do to avoid this
error?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mikhail