[Bioperl-l] Scale with Bio::Grahics for upstream regions

Joao Magalhaes joao.magalhaes at fundp.ac.be
Sun May 4 01:20:12 EDT 2003

Hi!

I'm using Bio::Graphics to display putative transcription factor binding
sites upstream of the ORF. My problem is that I need to show negative
values in regard to the distance to the ORF. How can I draw a scale with
negative values? For the moment I draw a scale like this:

my $full_length = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(-start=>1,-end=>1000,
-seq_id=>"$query");
$panel->add_track($full_length,
                 -glyph   => 'arrow',
                 -tick    => 1,
                 -fgcolor => 'black',
                 );

But I want start to be "-1000" and end "-1". Only if I put negative values,
the scale disappears. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Joao Magalhaes (joao.magalhaes at fundp.ac.be)

Website on Aging: http://www.senescence.info