[Bioperl-l] How to install CPAN's modules needed by BioPerl

ying lin ylin at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Wed Mar 26 12:00:05 EST 2003

Hi,all

I am new comer for bioperl.Please bear with my stupid questions.

I have difficulties trying to install CPAN's packages needed by
bioperl.But I can't easily install them via the Bundle::BioPerl CPAN
bundle as this automatic installation requires that I have root permission
while I don't.

So is there any way to change the installation of CPAN bundle to my
private space where I have writting permission?Or do I need to install all
the CPAN's packages one by one manually?

What's your experience?Thanks a lot for your help.

Ying
Dept. of Computer Science
Univ. of Delaware