[Bioperl-l] Annotations and annotation tags can be Ontology Terms

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 08:22:11 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> I'm just rediscovering some of the work I did back in October last
> year, and since the ability to use ontology terms for annotations was
> demanded recently in some comments, I thought it's worth mentioning
> here.

Nice, really nice.

Surely the Ontology should not be "HUGO" in the example below but
somethign like "StandardGeneNameOntology" or something. I'm not sure. Doh!

I like the ability to add GO and other ontology terms. Should we have our
own ontology of keywords, go terms etc etc.

(another point - GO links could be represented as ontology term
attachments or dblinks. You would prefer I guess ontology term
attachments...)