[Bioperl-l] Bio::Graphics::Panel can't locate object method 'start'...

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.org
Sat Mar 1 12:34:19 EST 2003

Hi Matt,

You and about a million other people have the same problem.  You can do one of
two things:

	1) get the latest bioperl-live from CVS, where the problem is fixed
transparently in Bio::Graphics::Panel

or

	2) make the following type of change in all your scripts:

OLD WAY:
 my $panel = Bio::Graphics::Panel->new(	-segment => $seq,
 							-key_style => 'between',
 							-pad_left  => 10,
 							-pad_right  => 10,
 							-width  => 800	);

NEW WAY:
 my $panel = Bio::Graphics::Panel->new( -length => $seq->length,
 							-key_style => 'between',
 							-pad_left  => 10,
 							-pad_right  => 10,
 							-width  => 800	);

Sorry about this, but Bioperl is large and amoeboid, and sometimes one
pseudopodium doesn't know what the other is doing.

Lincoln