[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::*

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Mon Jun 23 20:10:08 EDT 2003

The SeqFeature::Gene is definitely ripe for an overhaul with the new
Sequence Ontology (song.sourceforge.net) stuff but as for their current
usage:

Bio::Tools::Prediction::Gene and Bio::Tools::Prediction::Exon implement
Bio::SeqFeature::Gene objects (GeneStructure and Exon respectively).

These objects are instantiated by the gene prediction parsers:
Bio::Tools::{Glimmer,Genscan,Genewise,Genomewise,etc}

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University