perl <-> java [was Re: [Bioperl-l] (no subject)]

Juguang Xiao juguang at tll.org.sg
Wed Jun 18 18:13:18 EDT 2003

>> Hi, there,
>>
>> I would like to know how to call bioperl method from
>> java. Any idea will be appreciated.

Do you want to pass objects or borrow functions from bioperl? This is
too computer issue. A year ago, ensembl tried to solve the similar
problem to top up ensembl-java usage and popularity, with no sounding
result. I was working on it.

Actually we do not need to solve the problem on bioperl level.
Methologically, you can pass the objects in file way, and compose a
(perl/bash) script to assembly up the process written in bioperl and
java. Or simple use bash's pipe

cmd1 | cmd2
Pipe; use output from cmd1 as input to cmd2.

Hope this tip help.
my  S$0.002

Juguang
  ------------ATGCCGAGCTTNNNNCT--------------
Juguang Xiao
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory, National University of Singapore
1 Research Link,  Singapore 117604
juguang at tll.org.sg