[Bioperl-l] Global version number for all bioperl modules

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 14:10:30 EDT 2003

Donald,

You should never mix bioperl versions. That is a recipe for disaster.
You should control what version of bioperl is used with environmental
variable PERL5LIB and have only one in your path. E.g. normally my
PERL5LIB contains all bioperl modules from cvs head, but when I want to
work with the 1.2 cvs branch (in an other terminal window) I set:

  export PERL5LIB=/home/heikki/src/bioperl-1.2

As for you question, after today's changes, the version number of any
bioperl module (in cvs HEAD for now only) should be the release number:

perl -we 'use Bio::Root::HTTPget; print \
              $Bio::Root::HTTPget::VERSION, "\n";'

There is nothing we can do to older versions.

	-Heikki