[Bioperl-l] bl2seq error when no alignment

Julio Fernandez Banet julipao at terra.es
Tue Jun 3 16:43:29 EDT 2003

Hello.
I'm parsing bl2seq using BPbl2seq. My problem comes when only of my
sequences didn't give me any alignment and the program crashes with the
following error message:
Can't call method "nextHSP" on unblessed reference at
/Library/Perl/Bio/Tools/BPbl2seq.pm line 242, <GEN79> line 31.

I place lots of check lines in my code and I the program crashes when
reaching this line:
 while(my $hsp = $report->next_feature) {

Should I change or add something so the program doesn't crash when there's
no sequence alignment?.

Thanks a lot for your help.

P.S.
The file that give the error is:

Query= ABIX Testing -- no comment
         (762 letters)

Lambda     K      H
    1.37    0.711     1.31

Gapped
Lambda     K      H
    1.37    0.711     1.31

Matrix: blastn matrix:1 -3
Gap Penalties: Existence: 5, Extension: 2
Number of Hits to DB: 0
Number of Sequences: 0
Number of extensions: 0
Number of successful extensions: 0