[Bioperl-l] BioSQL or chado

Andrew Nunberg anunberg at oriongenomics.com
Wed Jul 30 11:38:28 EDT 2003

I am also in the market for a relational schema and found the
discussion very interesting, but was wondering if  you could "dumb it
down" for someone who isnt a strong computer person(molec bio turned
programmer here)

I generate a lot of genomic survery sequences and would like something
to store the sequences in so that I can
1)store the sequence, boundaries for vector, quality regions,
annotation features
2)store assemblies of the sequences, annotation features

Our  department would like to be able to use Apollo to view sequences
for our bench scientists as well as our clients  scientists

I am leaning towards BioSQL only because I most familiar with Bioperl
and I have incorporated Bioperl into our pipeline.

thanks
Andy