[Bioperl-l] BioPerl CPAN

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 18:26:31 EDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Lincoln Stein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was out of it because of paper writing. What is the upshot of this
> discussion?  Any action plan?

The more I think about it, the more I think we should just use the CPAN
system as it stands now, and perhaps have (a) some web pages, indicating
which CPAN packages are "part" of bioperl (b) announce to the list that
people can get CPAN depositing rights as-per-normal and then they should
add their module onto a web site list with perhaps a type of

   "bioperl-development", "bioperl-scripts" or something.

This way, noone needs to set anything up (but a web page...) and it is
just about contributions...

e.