BPN: BioPerl Nouveau [Was: Re: [Bioperl-l] distant thoughts from a dinosaur...]

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q at virginia.edu
Tue Jul 8 11:10:53 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Ewan Birney wrote:

> > I think the discussion should happen here, but it should have its own
> > commit list - we should **NOT** split the discussion of experimental stuff from
>                           ^^^^^^^
>     **DOH** missing NOT.  Need Coffee.
>
> > the mainstream - it encourages silly cross-posting and multiple

After a few readings, I found the missing NOT.

I think the experimental stuff should stay on it's own list, just as we're
keeping it in it's own repository.  Avoids confusion for those who read
bioperl-l as users (and cleanly separates "this is a bioperl-live problem"
posts from the "this is a bioperl-exp issue" messages ...)

I'm sure our savvy mailling list manager can setup a bioperl-all that
get's everything (although replies get sent back to the correct list).

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey
 Pearson Laboratory