[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::DB::GFF trouble + Blast question

Scott Cain cain at cshl.org
Thu Jul 3 18:45:35 EDT 2003

Venky,

It is not all that clear to me why in this case you need to, but you
need to specify the class of the object, in this case 'Gene'.

Here is an example script that works for me:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use Bio::DB::GFF;
my $db = Bio::DB::GFF->new(-adaptor => 'dbi::mysql',
                           -dsn     => 'fly');
my @genes = $db->get_feature_by_name(-class=>'Gene',-name=>'CG6665');
print $genes[0]->seq,"\n";

Scott