[Bioperl-l] Re: Bioperl-run release policy

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 12:46:17 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 17:34, Shawn Hoon wrote:
> On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 09:32  AM, Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:
>
> > Shawn,
> >
> > The page that need to be modified (and will be once 1.2.2 is out next
> > week) is:
> >   http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/index.shtml
> >

> Ok I will modify this page if its okay.

Fine. It is then easier to do the changes for the 1.2.2 release.

> > There is a more general problem: the run module is in the dowload page
> > but it is not announced anywhere.
> >
> > In my opinion we should:
> >
> > 1. Include mention of the run module everywhere the main bioperl
> >    module is mentioned.
> >
> > 2. Release the run in sync with the core.
> >
> >    I remember that there was some talk that the run cvs module
> >    should be merged into core for releases. That has not happend
> >    in the 1.2 series.
> >

> >    We've got two options:
> >    a) include run into 1.2.2 bioperl release
> >
> This is doable.
>
> A couple of modules will need to be added to bioperl 1.2.2 to be in
> sync with bioperl-run-1-2-0.
> In particular:
>
> The following modules was added after the bioperl1.2 was released
> and is required for bioperl-run-1-2-0
>
> 1) Bio::Tools:Promoterwise
> 2) Bio::Factory::AnalysisI
> 3) Bio::AnalysisI
>
> All tests pass for me with bioperl-1.2.2rc1 after adding these modules.
>
> Some bug fixes also have happened after the bioperl-run-1-2-0 release,
> so
> should I create a bug fix branch , bioperl-run-branch-1-2 ?

Great, I was going to have a look but clearly you know better what has
changed.

There is already tag 'bioperl-run-release-1-2-0' Starting a branch from
head now is a bit late, but if you find that easier than basing the
release on the existing tag, go ahead.

Thanks,

	-Heikki