[Bioperl-l] module for unflattening GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ records

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Wed Jul 2 06:52:01 EDT 2003

Again, ignore if resolved meanwhile.

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 08:30  AM, Chris Mungall wrote:

> isn't everything else in Bio::SeqFeature data classes? Surely data
> classes
> and behaviour classes should be kept seperate?

Generally yes but I'm not sure we've been following this strictly. I
wouldn't be too anal about this in bioperl.

> [...]
> Jason thinks Bio::Tools is too much of a mixed bag and we need an extra
> level of namespacing.

I agree.

> what about
> Bio::Tools::SeqFeature::Unflattener

Sounds good to me.

> Or maybe this should be a seperate namespace altogether - I like the
> idea
> of a Bio::Util
>
> Bio::Util::Unflattener

I'm neutral to this. I'm not exactly convinced that we need another
namespace, but that's just my own bias.

> Also, whilst the module is fairly generic, I imagine 99% of the time it
> will be used specifically for unflattening GenBank records, so maybe
> the
> name should reflect that?

If it is generic then don't include GenBank in the name.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org