[Bioperl-l] Bioperl integration of mlagan/lagan

Stephen Montgomery smontgom at bcgsc.bc.ca
Fri Jan 31 15:12:01 EST 2003

Hi -
I going to send over a Bioperl wrapper/parser for mlagan and lagan.  One
small problem
Lagan can pass back the SimpleAlign object but mlagan needs a multiple
alignment object.
I get this msg when I put it in SimpleAlign

MSG: Replacing one sequence [MLAGAN-TEST-1_aligned/1-247]

Here it has overwritten one of the alignments in SimpleAlign to enforce
the only 2 seq MAX rule in the SimpleAlign object.
Is it backwards compatible if I try to fix the SimpleAlign to handle
multiple alignment?.  Anyone got another quick fix?

Cheers,
Stephen