[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase ?

Peter Schattner schattner at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 28 08:14:16 EST 2003

thierlan at freesurf.fr wrote:

> I've installed the new release bioperl-1.2.
> I use the package Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast. This one needs
> the package Bio::Toold::Run::WrapperBase but I don't find it !
> Is it normal ?

I submitted a bug report about this recently and received the following
response.

>Bug report:
StandAloneBlast.pm is now part of the "core".  However it inherits from
Bio::Tools::Run::WrapperBase.pm which is in bioperl-run.  This leads to
potential
problems fo those who do not have bioperl-run installed.  For example
when
running:
perl bptutorial.pl 100 Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast
one gets the error message:
Can't locate Bio/Tools/Run/WrapperBase.pm in @INC (@INC contains ...)
I'm not sure how this should be fixed, but it seems like something
should be done
to protect the unwary...

>Response:
This is already fixed on branch and main trunk.  It was a pkging problem
when
Ewan moved StandAloneBlast back to the core.  bioperl-1.2.1 bugfix
release will
reflect this change.
Bio::Tools::Run::WraperBase was part of bioperl-run it is now moved to
bioperl-live.

Cheers

Peter