[Bioperl-l] circular refs/ unattach_seq in SeqFeatureI

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 24 09:05:48 EST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Jason Stajich wrote:

> I propose adding a method unattach_seq to SeqFeatureI to allow one to
> insure that no circular references exist for a seqfeature which attached
> to a sequence. I am worried that memory is not be freed for Sequences
> which have features attached when I was doing some iterations with
> sequences that came from a Bio::Index::Fasta and then had features
> attached and the memory allocation blew up on me.   Anyone else had
> similar experiences?

In theory Bio::SeqFeature should be attached to the Bio::PrimarySeq so no
circular references are in there, but that might not be happening...
hmmm...

I have no beef with unattach features, but I am worried that something
else is screwed up elsewhere. I will poke around a bit...