[Bioperl-l] Installation of Bioperl 1.2

Brian Osborne brian_osborne@cognia.com
Tue Jan 21 15:40:14 EST 2003

Vicky,

If you search Google with "bu21 make error" you'll see a lot of messages,
but this one looked informative:

Often when you see this, it really means that 'make' can't handle some
syntax
in the makefile. The usual reason being that the makefile has been written
for GNU make and you are using SCO's make.

I've never used an IRIX machine but if I were you I'd get make from GNU
(http://www.gnu.org/directory/devel/build/make.html), install it, make sure
it's ahead of the IRIX make in your PATH and try again. This is assuming
IRIX make is different from GNU make and, again, I don't know that this is
true.

Brian O.

-----Original Message-----
From: bioperl-l-admin@bioperl.org [mailto:bioperl-l-admin@bioperl.org]On
Behalf Of Hsu, Vicky
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 8:46 AM
To: 'bioperl-l@bioperl.org'
Cc: 'birney@ebi.ac.uk'
Subject: [Bioperl-l] Installation of Bioperl 1.2

Hi, I am on Irix 6.5.11m, Origin 2000.
The output I get from trying to install bioperl1.2 on an SGI server is as
follows:
prompt> make
        mkdir blib
        mkdir blib/lib
        mkdir blib/arch
        mkdir blib/arch/auto
        mkdir blib/arch/auto/Bio
        mkdir blib/lib/auto
        mkdir blib/lib/auto/Bio
        mkdir blib/man3
***Termination code 139 (bu21)

 I couldn't find any documentation on what termination code 139 means. Any
suggestions?
Thank you.
                     Vicky