[Bioperl-l] do not hate individual getter/setters coding?

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon Jan 20 14:08:50 EST 2003

This discussion has been had.

See the following for example and read the whole set of threads.
http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2002-November/010208.html

You are welcome to implement your code with AUTOLOAD (in fact you'll see
the bioperl-run objects often support this), but many of us have our
reasons for not wanting to use it all the time.

Most importantly, get/set methods should be implemented properly
allowing resetting of the value to undef as outlined in one of the posts
and now as provided in the bioperl.lisp emacs template for code
generation.

Best,
-jason