[Bioperl-l] Clustalw && large sequence number

Sally Li sallyli97@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 04:18:50 EST 2003

Hi, there,

I received some messages related to this issue. Let me
explain this problem in a more detail.

Hardware: IBM eServer
          Memory: 6 G
          processors: 4 X 700 MH
Software:

    bioperl
    clustalw 1.82

Problem:
  If the sequences number is large, like 4000
sequences the program was running . But after a long
run, it is hanging there for ever. No error messages
appear.

Notes: clustalw is ok to process less than 1000
sequences. I have aligned 500 sequences ( Mouse
genome) and it works fine. The performance and results
are good to me. If some one can solve this problem, I
believe it will help me and other people who are
intersed in aligment for the huge sequence file.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sally

--- Christopher J Moressi