[Bioperl-l] bpindex/bpfetch work for me:

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu at mayo.edu
Wed Feb 26 08:33:12 EST 2003

Hi,

I have this same problem...  I have no idea if this helps, but I traced it to the open_dbm method, somewhere around line 400, where self is blessed as a Bio::Index::Genbank object, which has not _type_and_version?  I see Bio::Index::Genbank isa AbstractSeq.  Not sure why Fasta works yet, hadn't had time to test it out...

   if( ref($self) eq "Bio::Index::Abstract" ) {
	my $pkg = $self->_code_base();
	bless $self, $pkg;
    }

    # Check or set this is the right kind and version of index
    $self->_type_and_version();

Probably barking up the wrong tree anyway, but there it is.

-Mat