[Bioperl-l] Sequence Features... (hello from Singapore...)

Paul Edlefsen pedlefsen at systemsbiology.org
Tue Feb 25 10:12:50 EST 2003

Ewan Birney wrote:

>>Where will the SeqFeatureCollectionI stuff go, then?  Will an
>>AnnotationCollectionI *be* a SeqFeatureCollectionI, or *have* one?
>>

>In short, SeqFeatureCollectionI will be part of SeqI to handle the set of
>AnnotationSetI (currently known as AnnotationCollection)

It _is_ semantically tricky, because a SeqFeatureCollectionI should
properly be a collection of SeqFeatures, not a collection of their
AnnotationSets.  Or so it would seem.

>This does get a little tricky. When are you in on the west coast? What
>about a quick phone call? I want to make sure we harness your energy in
>solving the "fetching sub set of features by range/type
>constraints" inside the new system...

I would love a quick phone call.  I can arrange something to coincide
with your Singaporean time shift, if necessary.  In general I am at the
office from 10 to 6, Seattle time (-0800 Greenwich).  +1 206 732 1336.

:Paul

--
Paul T. Edlefsen  Software Engineer
Email: paul at systemsbiology.org