[Bioperl-l] Trouble in executing StandAloneBlast on Win2000

Takeshi Sasayama sasayama at lmi.hitachi-sk.co.jp
Mon Feb 24 09:30:12 EST 2003

Hello,

I installed Bioperl 1.2 along with WrapperBase and tried Blast search again,
but the same result occurred. It took 38 hours for 30,000 search,  initially
search speed was 284 search/min and finally 7 search/min. The first 10,000
search took 5 hours, the second 10,000 search took 12 hours and the last
10,000 search took 21 hours.

In the performance monitor of Win2000, perl process ocuppies approx. 90% of
CPU and blastall.exe is sometimes started and finishes immediately.
Apparently this is not a problem of blastall.exe.

I don't know what I should do next and can anyone help me please?

Takeshi Sasayama