[Bioperl-l] Proposed name change for 1.3 (1.4)

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sun Feb 23 13:11:08 EST 2003

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 09:56  AM, Paul Edlefsen wrote:

> My understanding is that one always has to qualify names with
> their namespace anyway, so Bio::SeqFeature::CollectionI will never be
> refered to simply as "CollectionI".  What are the couple of things that
> are easier?

Well, I do like if classes have meaning even in the absence of their
name space. The couple of things it makes easier off the top of my head
is 1) less typing and confusion-proof in emails (bioperl communication
does happen almost solely over emails, so to me this is not a fringe
point), 2) simpler to auto-construct adaptor module names for dynamic
for me).

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org