[Bioperl-l] project ideas

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Wed Feb 12 09:01:53 EST 2003

Richard,

There's one SeqIO module that's had a good start but is unfinished,
SeqIO::locuslink. What it's missing is a hierarchical treatment of the
LocusLink fields - currently it returns all the values, I think, but in
flattened form. For example, a gene may have multiple "products" or
"transcript variants" but the association between these sequences and their
respective attributes, like domains for example, is lost. Its original
author knows this but has said he doesn't currently have time to complete
the module.

No, this is not a test, but I'd say it's an important module even if it's
only a "Genbank thing".

Brian O.