[Bioperl-l] WARNING INCOMING: collection consolidation

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Sun Feb 2 15:20:49 EST 2003

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 05:35  AM, Jason Stajich wrote:

> Ewan spake:
>> Is LocationI is-a RangeI?
>
> Yes - and SeqFeatureI current IS-A RangeI and HAS-A LocationI this will
> move to IS-A LocationI and HAS-A LocationI.

Hmm - I suppose you know what you're doing ... It's not directly a
blessed pattern I suspect but maybe I need to be educated. My gut tells
me though this is not very robust. You force SeqFeatureI to infinitely
mirror every change made to LocationI - and LocationI already isn't
extremely lean. Hand-cuffing one interface to another -- I'm not sure
that's the best thing to do.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org