[Bioperl-l] Root::IO handle Mac and Win32 LF

Aaron J. Mackey amackey at pcbi.upenn.edu
Tue Dec 16 06:38:31 EST 2003

> I.e Windows terminates lines with \r\n but a Mac perversely reads them
> as \n\r.

Actually, it seems that there are some Mac-derived files with only \r,
and no \n at all (as a recent example, EndNote 6 exported
bibliographies have no \n's, only \r's by od -c's reckoning).

> I think for portable code it's better to write the regexps using the
> octal values: \015 instead of CR and \012 instead of LF.

We don't have issues writing files, only reading one-line-at-a-time and
canonicalizing it (why do we need to canonicalize it again, Jason?)