[Bioperl-l] Blast ridline changed? RemoteBlast seems to be failing...

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu at mayo.edu
Tue Aug 26 14:38:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

I was doing remote blasts, but they all fail saying RID not found.  The RID format seems to have changed to include something like a .BLASTQ3 at the end, so the pattern in RemoteBlast doesn't match.

    $RIDLINE = 'RID\s+=\s+(\d+-\d+-\d+)';

I think the above could be changed to something like

    $RIDLINE = 'RID\s+=\s+(\d+-\d+-\d+\.BLASTQ\d)';

It would seem that not many people are using remoteblast or else this would have been noticed before? Or I could be doing something different, but it is a blastn with default parameters mostly.  Also, not sure if the RID format will always get the BLASTQ3 at the end, or what the permanent pattern is.  Does anyone know?

Thanks,

-mat