[Bioperl-l] Errors generated from example code in HOW-TO section

Matthew Betts Matthew.Betts at ii.uib.no
Fri Aug 1 04:33:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

I recently ran up against the same warning, but was happy to see that perl
did the comparison correctly anyway

eg. both of the following give the warning, but the first prints out
$e and the second one doesn't.

  perl -we '$e = "e-169"; ($e < 1.0) and print "$e\n";'
  perl -we '$e = "e-169"; ($e > 1.0) and print "$e\n";'

Matt

Matthew Betts, mailto:matthew.betts at ii.uib.no
Phone: (+47) 55 58 40 22
CBU, BCCS, UNIFOB / Universitetet i Bergen
Thormohlensgt. 55, N-5020 Bergen, Norway