[Bioperl-l] HSPs: getting the location of mismatch

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:05:07 EDT 2003

Bio::Search::HSP::HSPI objects can do this:
 (Although the docs don't explicitly say this)
my @gappositions = $hsp->seq_inds('query','gap')

Gets the gaps in the query sequence

If you wanted the inserts in the hit seq we'd have to do some more
arithmitic.  Seems like a place for an addition to the HSP object.

We could also do withs someone adding a function to Bio::SimpleAlign which
reports the gapped columns (we already have one which removes them).

Volunteers are welcomed!

-jason