[Bioperl-l] Bio::Taxonomy::Tree

Qiang Tu qtu at sibs.ac.cn
Thu Apr 3 13:02:35 EST 2003

Hello all,

I want to build a taxonomy tree of the complete genomes. In the program I
built a Bio::Taxonomy::Taxon object at first, then use 'set_root_node' method
to built a Bio::Taxonomy::Tree object by the taxon, then write the tree to a file
by Bio::TreeIO object. The 'tabtree' method works, but the output files of
'newick' and 'nhx' methods can not be opened by other draw-tree software,
such as treeview. The error message is: Extra pair of parentheses "()".
The tree file is attached.

Has anyone ever made such a taxonomy tree? Could you give me some samples
so that I can find out the solution of my problem? Thanks.

Qiang Tu
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology
Chinese Academy of Sciences