[Bioperl-l] cvs modules?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 11:54:44 EST 2003

We have a number of cvs modules in bioperl. Not all of them are active,
but some are updated daily. Also, there is a nifty virtual module called
simply 'bioperl' which allows you to check out several modules at one
go. At the moment there are five modules:

corba-client
corba-server
core         (=bioperl-live)
db
gui

Could we change the module list?

I'd like to drop corba-client and corba-server and include bioperl-run.

I do not really have any opinion on gui as I do not use it. Drop it as
it is not actively developed?

Would it make sense to add bioperl-pipeline?

If we keep db (bioperl-db = BioPerl component of BIOSQL), we really
should include biosql-schema.
  The alternative is to have an other virtual module which contains
appropriate compatible versions of bioperl-db, biosql-schema and
bioperl-live.

I suppose the answer to those questions depends on question who this
virtual module is meant for. I'd like it give be meant for developers
who want to keep up to date in all aspects of bioperl.

I'd be happy to do the changes once we have decided, but I do not know
where to look in.

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho          heikki at ebi.ac.uk