[Bioperl-l] Sequence qual values

Brian Desany bdesany@bcm.tmc.edu
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:37:28 -0500

Hi Charles,

For generating trim data, I use "lucy" from TIGR, as it's a lot faster than
any manual perl solution I've come up with.

It has a pretty flexible trimming algorithm, although I can't guarantee that
it can do literally what you ask.

http://www.tigr.org/software/#sf

As for performing the actual trimming, it comes with an awk script to
perform the trimming for you. From a bioperl standpoint I don't know if
there's a good general purpose way to provide trim coordinate and a seq/qual
pair and get a trimmed seq/qual pair out the other end.

-Brian.