[Bioperl-l] tree building, analysis interfaces (long)

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:35:44 +0800 (SGT)

> cool. One thing about iterators,and this is an aside, in terms of the
> pipeline, I think I mentioned to u before that fetching of objects
> are done through datahandlers which are essentially method calls.
> We don't really support "while" loops in the pipeline and it really
> doesn't make sense to do so. Thus is it worth having a get_all_xxx
> method as an alternative for the xxxIO modules? Elia what do u think?

I think rather than forcing all external modules to provide it we can have
one InputCreate that does a get_all by doing a while loop if you know what
I mean.

> Very. I will find time to look at this if and when things settle down
> here. We aren't using these modules that much right now but I expect so
> once we start doing the ortholog pipelines. Feel free to modify as u
> please :)

Read: my crazy boss Elia keeps shifting my priorities around and has
recently decided that before we move onto interesting stuff we need to get
the boring stuff, Ciona annotation, sorted out ;)

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *