[Bioperl-l] GenBankParser comparison to bioperl parser

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:37:40 +0800 (SGT)

> You guys all get up so early.  It's almost like you're in a different
> time zone :)

He he ;) we are in all kinds of time zones, but we are also worryingly
have e-mail clients installed in our spines it seems (Singapore, 00:26 AM)

> First: if you guys could take off the gishlab cc, I'd appreciate it.

oops, was wondering why you had such a strange address... got confused..

> Second: I'm happy to maintain my own code.  I wasn't looking to hand it
> off.  I use this parser everyday so it has to work.  If you all think it
> would be a nice addition to a bioperl-util or contrib directory, that's
> fine with me.  I'll field bug and usage issues.

I think in the end the conclusion was that contrib is the way to go and it
actually will probably help get other people's code "out of the woods"

> Lincoln, I've idolized you since I first learned how to code perl so
> this is a really big moment for me :)

Trying to figure out if it is flattering or not... hope one day I
get to write a similar mail, so do I have to idolize you now? ;)

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *