[Bioperl-l] SearchIO function to save raw blast output?

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:00:37 -0500

This makes sense for RemoteBlast, since the data is in a temporary file and never really seen.  Is it senseless otherwise?  Should this function be an option for RemoteBlast?  There is a bit more control given to the user when it is in SearchIO, in that they can control the outputfile names better.  In RemoteBLast it would be harder to do that, probably have to put all the results in one file.  If it is in SearchIO the user can only save some of the result files based on filters.  RemoteBlast would have to save them all.

-Mat