[Bioperl-l] Regarding seqio module.......

Steve Chervitz sac@bioperl.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 23:57:04 -0700 (PDT)

Looks like you discovered a documentation bug. It should state that seqtools.pl
lives in the examples/seq directory.

If you cd to examples/seq, you should be able to execute any the .pl files
directly on the command-line.

For help info, do this:
./seqs1.pl -h

For some usage examples, do this:
./seqs1.pl -eg

Steve

--- Venkatesh  SG <venkskey@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I downloaded Bioperl 1.0.2 form Bioperl.org,and i unzipped it on
> windows environment.I did't find the folder by name Seqio in
> examples folder and also i did't find seqtools.pl in
> examples/blast folder also,in the  example seqs1.pl you have
> mentioned that
>
> # Using seqtools.pl in the examples/blast distribution
> directory:
> require "seqtools.pl";
> # Proper path to seqtools.pl after you install it in your
> system:
> #require "/home/steve/perl/bioperl/examples/seqio/seqtools.pl";
>
> How can i overcome this problem,could anybody please assist me in
> this matter.
>
> Thanking you sir,                                       yours
> truly
>                                                          Venkatesh
> S.G.

=====