[Bioperl-l] SearchIO failing test 203

Aaron J Mackey Aaron J. Mackey" <amackey@virginia.edu
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:09:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Ewan Birney wrote:

> What does it all mean (I guess qr/ / means "quote regex")

Yep; in some cases you just want ok() to return true if the test value
matches the regex, and you need a way to encapsulate the regex to pass it
to ok().

The (?-ixsm: ) business is the dump of a regex that has internal
modifiers, i.e.

m/acgt/        # /(?-ixsm:acgt)/ - no i, x, s nor m
m/acgt/i       # /(?i-xsm:acgt)/ - i, but no x , s nor m
m/a c g t/ixsm # /(?ixsm:acgt)/  = i, x, s and m!

This construct is handy for when you want partial "i" behavior:

m/(?i:we don't care how this is capitalized) but ThIS NEEDS to BE RighT/

-Aaron

--
 Aaron J Mackey
 Pearson Laboratory