[Bioperl-l] fwd: bioperl howto volunteers

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:26:02 -0400

--------------030202040209070401070701

Not sure why this got caught in our mailman filters...

-chris

From: "Sue McClatchy" <smcclatchy@hotmail.com>
To: <bioperl-l-admin@bioperl.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:26:15 -0400
Sender: bioperl-l-owner@bioperl.org

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C268C8.022F5700

------=_NextPart_002_0001_01C268C8.022F5700

Hi admin,

I would like this message posted, suspicious header or not. The contents =
are shown below; the attachment is in plain text. Thanks.

Sue

Fellow how-to volunteers:
 =20
At this year's conference I volunteered to test-drive new how-tos. If you=
 volunteered to create a new how-to, please send me your draft version fo=
r testing before October 15th.
 =20
I'd also like to open discussion for a common format for how-tos. Jason's=
 SearchIO how-to provides a thorough yet easily understandable discussion=
, along with a simple implementation. My only suggestion for formatting i=
s to follow Jason's example - remember that your audience will be easily =
intimidated, and will probably not be patient enough to spend a lot of ti=
me sorting through code or jargon. Make it easy and simple enough to allo=
w almost immediate success. I look forward to hearing from you.
 =20
Sue McClatchy
New Jersey Institute of Technology    =20

 =20
 =20
 =20
Your request to the Bioperl-l mailing list

    Posting of your message titled "BOSC HOW-TO volunteers"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"Your message had a suspicious header. Thie mailing list does not
accept email with HTML attachments. Please resend as plain text."

Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
at:

    bioperl-l-admin@bioperl.org

------=_NextPart_002_0001_01C268C8.022F5700

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV> <DIV>Hi admin=
,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I would like this messag=
e posted, suspicious header or not. The contents are shown below; the att=
achment is in plain text. Thanks.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Sue</DIV> =
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>Fellow how-to volunteers:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>At this year's=
 conference I volunteered to test-drive new how-tos. If you&nbsp;voluntee=
red to create a new how-to, please send me your draft version for testing=
 before October 15th.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I'd also like to open =
discussion for a common format for how-tos. Jason's&nbsp;SearchIO how-to =
provides a thorough yet easily understandable discussion, along with a si=
mple implementation. My only suggestion for&nbsp;formatting is to follow =
Jason's example - remember that your audience will be easily intimidated,=
 and will probably not be patient&nbsp;enough to spend a lot of time sort=
ing through code or jargon. Make it easy and simple enough&nbsp;to allow =
almost immediate success. I look&nbsp;forward to hearing from you.</DIV> =
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Sue McClatchy</DIV> <DIV>New Jersey Institute of T=
echnology&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR><BR></DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</=
DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-L=
EFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV>&nbsp;=
</DIV>Your request to the Bioperl-l mailing list<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
; Posting of your message titled "BOSC HOW-TO volunteers"<BR><BR>has been=
 rejected by the list moderator.&nbsp; The moderator gave the<BR>followin=
g reason for rejecting your request:<BR><BR>"Your message had a suspiciou=
s header. Thie mailing list does not<BR>accept email with HTML attachment=
s. Please resend as plain text."<BR><BR>Any questions or comments should =
be directed to the list administrator<BR>at:<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; bi=
operl-l-admin@bioperl.org<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>